Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Natural Choice: BOX Naturals

So, in my last posts(and I apologize for the lack of posting), I was dealing with a lot of feminine issues downstairs. No one ever really likes to admit that things "aren't quite right" because of the stigma that comes along with it. Fear of being judged because you "must be dirty" or "don't take care of yourself", well, truth is, Infections don't discriminate whether you have a clean or a dirty hoo hah, although you are more likely to end up with an infection if you don't take proper care of yourself. I, however, did everything correctly..from not using perfumed products, to not using soap and only water down there, washing clothes in hypoallergenic soap, to using reusable menstrual products (aka My Sckoon cup!), to taking probiotics and prebiotics, but infections still come to me easily. It was worse with the Mirena. Finally after I had it removed, and the bleeding stopped, I had issues continuing after that, I always felt irritated, and uncomfortable, always itching and burning, and battling constant infections, I would try so called soothing wipes, only to end up more irritated and with another yeast infection. When I went in for my pap smear that year, I was called with my results and told my pap was abnormal, and that I needed a colposcopy. My colposcopy and biopsy results showed abnormal changes, grade 2 (CIN2) precancerous cells on my cervix, so my husband, my doctor, and I decided that we would undergo a LEEP procedure to remove the cells, instead of taking a wait and see six month approach (as is industry standard). I went in December 19th, for My leep and had a follow up appointment six weeks later, in January 2014. My doctor practically hugged me when she came in for going ahead with the procedure. She said that within the 2 weeks from my biopsy results, to the surgery date, my precancerous cells had turned to Stage 0 cervical cancer (aka CIN3 but definitely contained cancer cells as I'd later find out). Because it was stage 0 and she was super thorough and made sure I got clear margins, I wouldn't need Chemo, but it would be six months before we would know if it worked for sure. Scary! At this appointment I told her my irritated constantly feeling had improved, except for the week before I was due for good ole aunt flo to show up, I was also left extremely sensitive to anything (still) that touched me. I said then I become irritated and developed a yeast infection, every month it seemed like.
Doctor M explained that in some individuals, their bodies are super sensitive to the changes in the hormones before Aunt Flo shows up and therefore it causes an imbalance down there and wah lah! Infection!

Her solution for me was: Use aquaphor, and hydrocortisone cream a week before my period, and take a diflucan pill about that time as well to combat my hormone drop infection issues. Cool.

Until you try to use it.


So one day, while I was on instagram, I saw a post about BOX naturals. They said they used essential oils, were PH balanced, biodegradable, and only natural ingredients in their wipes (which can be used other places other than just your hoo hoo!). I am a firm believer in essential oils and their healing properties (don't even get me started on my love for Young Living Essential oils!), but I was very nervous about buying a whole box and then they don't work, even though their price is extremely reasonable ($8.99 for a box of 12). I know my body, I thought. I know I'd buy them and then totally be in hell because of it! So, I decided to ask a question to the company and voice my concern because of how sensitive I am after the whole cancer thing. They offered to send me a trial pack so I could test the product and see if it worked for me. Jackie was so sure it would be perfect for me. I was very grateful for this opportunity..and I was determined that I would email them back and let them know if it worked for me or if it didn't. They deserved to know either way. I received my samples in the mail and was impressed with the super cute packaging and the very sweet note included. I received a Lavender towelette and a Rosewater towelette. I waited until I knew I was about due for my monthly visitor to test them out, because I know this is the time I react the most to everything, therefore I would be putting BOX naturals to the true test!

Fast forward about 2 weeks later, I was woken up to Aunt Flow coming to visit me a day early. But the classic irritation was there. With great hesitation, I reached for my Lavender BOX wipe and decided I would give it a try. I took it out of the package and smelled the beautiful smell of lavender, the sheet itself was strong (not wimpy feeling at all!), and it was really high quality stuff. Definitely impressed. I took a breath in and took the hoo hah cleansing plunge. Usually it takes several minutes before the burning, itching, and feeling like my hoo hah is on fire to kick in, so I waited. The only thing I noticed was the fact that my irritation was now gone, I wasn't itchy, and I felt BETTER than before I had used the wipe! This feeling lasted me for HOURS. No burning. No itching. No infection. Nothing! My irritation was completely gone! It had to be the lavender essential oil (which is excellent for hoo hoo issues, ladies). I was beyond estatic! I emailed Jackie from BOX naturals, and I swear I must have told her a hundred times "THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMPANY AND AMAZING PRODUCT!". BOX naturals truly is an amazing company! If it could not cause a reaction with ME..its definitely worth it! I recommend every woman have Lavender wipes for their lady parts in case you get caught off guard (or work out and get sweaty and irritated from that)..and Rosewater for face and other parts! They are that good!! Do yourself a favor, ladies, and head over to and go buy yourself a box or two...and see what BOX can do for you! You will not regret it!

What also sold me on the product? (and Im taking it from their website)"BOX products are all natural, individually wrapped towelettes that are gently scented with essential oils. Made in the USA, pH balanced and 100% biodegradable, they’re also entirely free of parabens, dyes, petrochemicals, sulfates, and synthetic fragrances." They also post their ingredient list online here . How many other companies that make your make up and your feminine wipes do this? I bet not many! So, Um... Yeah, I'll take 10 Boxes, thank you :)


Please note: I was not paid in any way shape or form for this review. These are my own thoughts and opinions, and I just happen to be head over heels for this company, their product, and their amazing customer service!

BOX Naturals, You should be proud of yourselves!! You make an excellent product and have wonderful employees! I salute and support you 100%!!!




Coming soon: A review of the ERGO BABY 360! and BOB Revolution Jogging stroller SE :)

No comments:

Post a Comment